Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Efforts made in the last two days : Nov 20th and 21st

I have contacted the 'Forum for Better Hyderabad' . I had sent them an E mail with regard to the conditions of pavements and also I have spoken to a few people from the organisation. I think that they are willing to take this up as a cause and fight for the pavements.

I have also contacted APSTRC. I have been reading in the papers that a number of pedestrains have been moved to death in the last couple of days by the buses. It is not that the bus drivers want to kill people. They are responsible human beings who want to save lives as much as possible. Today driving in the city has become a major problem and a health hazard for the drivers. Pedestrains too do not walk on the road because they want to get killed. They are compelled to do so because of the pavements being either dirty or encroached upon by hawkers or pavements being used for parking purposes.
The APSTRC ( Andhra Pradesh Road Transport)official seemed to interested to take up this cause and has said that he would get back to me.

No comments: