Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My dream for Hyderabad

My dream is that the pavements of Mehdipatnam should become like a US town, (clean and fit for walking). Most of the pavements here are either encroached by people parking their vehicles on them or by people using them as a urinating place. Also I believe that the common man needs to be able to walk in his own part of the locality and not need to go to some park or fancy club. India is home to the largest number of diabetics and I think that the only solution to this is to help people walk from one place to another.
Pollution in India is reaching new heights thanks to the autos that have proliferated the towns. Instead of using autos for short distances if people could walk, the pollution levels are definitely going to come down.

I do know that this is not easy to achieve but I am going to give it a try for the next 20 years at least. My first job is to find out whether there are similar minded organisations that are already working for pavements in Hyderabad. Then net work with such people and then go ahead.

I have for the past 3 years tried to give petitions and also I have filed a PIL (Public interest litigation) in the High Court. None of this has worked. So I need to rework my plan and get it going.

1 comment:

Ranganayaki Srinivas said...

Wow a great blog for a great cause. I am with you in this cause and I wish you success.